Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yeah, that must be what it is...

I'm a little cranky today. I guess it shows because the only noises coming out of my usually boisterous cubby-hole is the clicking of the mouse in a futile game of Spider Solitaire.

My co-worker comes to me with the ubiquitous "Boy, it sure is quiet over here." What do you say to that? "Nuh uh!" or "beat it, I am performing a silent experiment"? But I said, oh so cleverly, "I got nothing to say." And she says to me, "Maybe you are PMSing." Whaaa? Seriously? I thought only guys threw that out there when a girl's behavior was one that they could not explain. So I responded, very un-passive-aggressively. "Not the case, but it's good to know that it's not just guys who toss that bomb around." She looked rather shocked, because usually I am very nice to her. And I feel bad, but geez, lemme alone. It's silent over here for a reason.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Um, really? Why oh why are coworkers so unbelievably dumb? And why is ok to comment on this? I am still in the camp that it's rude. Is my camp deserted? Did everyone die of heat exhaustion? Do I need a nap?

8/04/2005 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

aarrgggh!!! I hate it when people say that! Why do people expect noise everywhere? Since when is silence bad? ick... I got that again the other day and my auto response was "Not anymore HA HA HA!" :|

I tried to be nice but it's been 4 years...there's just no nice left. Sorry to hear you have these folks in your workplace. Someone needs to invent office repellent for these people. I wonder what would happen if I just sprayed them with water? hhmm...

8/04/2005 06:00:00 PM  
Blogger pstvnrgy said...

Haha! I just pictured having a spray bottle by my desk to spray unwanted company with! Kind of like you do with puppies when you don't want them to do something!

8/30/2005 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home