Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Coffee please

Why is it that when I order a latte from a coffee shoppe, it is always topped with a hearty amount of foam? I did not order a cappuccino. I ordered a latte. A latte is defined as a shot of espresso with hot steamed milk, no foam. NO FOAM! So why, if I want a proper latte, do I have to order a no foam latte? That is like ordering a no carbonation orange juice. What? You say that orange juice is not carbonated? EXACTLY! Bastards! Start making lattes right.
And on a related note, if I order a grande latte, I would like it to be filled to the top of the cup, not just halfway full. If I had wanted a tall, that's what I would have ordered.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh
Mah
Gawd...

I'm going to have to introduce you to my good friend (read here, completely imaginary made up internet cartoon) Foamy.

http://www.illwillpress.com

Click the toons link and enjoy! (Of particular interest: COFFEE HOUSE PROPAGANDA)

6/20/2005 08:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen my sister! I do not understand the coffee-shop cartel’s fascination with forcing cappuccino’s upon the world's latte drinkers.

We must rise up against them!

after we've had a cup of joe to wake us up a bit

6/20/2005 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Espresso FTW!

6/20/2005 03:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer is; "Coffee is stupid."

-Rich

6/21/2005 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blaspheemer!

6/21/2005 10:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he just say "Coffee is stupid" in all seriousness?

Bug, can you ban people from your site? This is NOT acceptable. I mean, it would be one thing if he were a fan of over using milky foam. I mean, some people are like that. I guess. (For the record, Bug and I are not like that...not like that at all).

But to come out and blasphemize the sweet nectar of the gods?(well, 1 of 2 god-like nectars--vodka being the other) My god, does he hate puppies? Freedom? Pretty people? Pshaw!

6/21/2005 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

People who hate coffee make baby jesus cry.

6/21/2005 06:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home