Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I love my job! I love my job! I love my job! I love my job! I love my job! I love my job! I love my job! I love my job!

That's my new mantra at work, because I seem to be everyone's lackey now. One of our senior people came down to ask me to do something for him. That kind of thing never happens. He is on the floor 3 floors higher than mine. I think they are seeing how far they can push me before I go postal and my company can join the ranks of some of the other companies that are heavily in the news with such great controversies like the CEO shacking up with a secretary, etc.
After three months of doing both my job and my old job, which they have yet to fill since promoting me, I went in to grumble at my boss. Now, I have done all the work, staying overtime when need be, with only minor frowning... But today, well, I had to pout loudly. This is what conspired...
Me: Why have we not filled that position yet?
Boss: Um, mumble, mumble...
Me: [hands on hips]
Boss: Well, you know that we are waiting for the most over qualified person we can find.
Me: Right. Well, this is unfair.
Boss: But you are doing a great job.
Me: Duh. [glaring]
Boss: You like being busy.
Me: I know, but that is not the point. It's not fair.
Boss: Let's have a meeting about it (never). Now don't you feel like there are some people out there you have not helped today? Get out there so I can call you back in here (every 5 seconds).

(Just for the record, it is a great job. But they will take advantage until you put your foot down, and then they take some more and try to appease you by saying, but you do it so well. Punks. And I know, why don't I find another job... They pay me lots! But eventually I will. So don't start. Sometimes I just need to vent. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home