Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Fore!

I went and hit golf balls after work today. I lined my little club face up with the ball, I straightened my arms, bent my knees, took a deep breath, put my head down and swung. I hit most balls pretty well. They started off straight at my target and suddenly arced to the right. Every single time. I tried everything to correct this. I changed my stance. I kept my head down longer. I tried bringing the club around slower. It never failed to arc right.
Maybe life is like this sometimes, too. Maybe things don't go the way we want and we change all the ways we handle the situation, yet the ball still arcs to the right. Maybe that is just the way it is supposed to go.
But do you keep trying to perfect that swing, or do you just let it go?

1 Comments:

Blogger Buggie said...

We totally won my company's golf tournament. I had a 25 foot putt. Strangely, we all played better after the storm whipped around enough pollen to blind an ostrich. (I picked Ostrich, see, because they have really big eyes...)

5/16/2005 07:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home