Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We saw a Rocket before the Fourth!


Paul McCrane

After Marci so lovingly poured her entire Starbucks coffee on my cream coloured pants, we stopped at a rest stop in New Jersey. I spent some time gently caressing myself with soap and water and did a damn good job of getting the coffee out. We decided a reward was in order. So we stood in line for 76 hours to get a delicious croissanwich at Burger King, which is apparently the only place to eat in New Jersey. As we have much time to peruse the crowd, I do so. I see Dr. Robert "Rocket" Romano from the NBC hit show ER. Marci goes to investigate. (She looks like Mr. Bean in her mission.) So, it's totally him and we are totally fine in being crazy stalker fans. (By the way, I was totally ridiculed by my boss today for my complete overuse of the word "totally". Have no clear concept of how my overuse of the word came to be... but I think I am totally fine with it.) Sandwiches firmly in hand, we , make our way outside where the man is leaning against his car with his young kids inside. (The wife was in the 76 hour line.) We make the advance.
Bug: Hi. Can we get a Kodak moment with you?
Paul: (Total confusion)
B/M: We totally love you!
Paul: (Pleased.)
Bug: I loved you on Fame!
Paul: You have a good memory.
Bug: (Duh, but just smiles, all pleased)
Paul: I had different hair then.
Bug: Ya! Totally sporting the red fro.
Marci: You should totally grow that back and represent!
Paul: (Touches his bald head sadly.) Yeah.
Marci: Are you okay? (Because she saw him walking all slow and in pain-like)
Paul: Huh? (confused again)
Marci: You look like you are hurting.
Paul: (Longish monologue about long trip/family/small kids/sleepy...)
Bug: (looking into the car at two little kids. Waves.) Ooh, are they cute!
(But sounded like "ooh, are they cute???)
Marci: Haha.
Paul: Um, I think so.
Then we squeezed our heads together for the attached Kodak moment. Mr. McCrane was a bit confused about the process, but we helped him out.
He was super nice and we thanked him and everyone made their way towards New York.
Two even bigger fans, now, Mr. Paul McCrane!!!

Tally:
Totally's: 7 (and 1 total)

Companies that should send us free crap:
Kodak
Burger King
Starbucks
NBC

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I saw the photo and instantly went "FAME! I'm gonna' live forever!" (in my head of course, and in a totally non-redheaded-gay way.)

/me looks around feverishly

And hey! Now I have a 1/4 of a face to go along with the ridicule Marci gives me. *wink*

I'm so happy that the B/M moniker stuck. *sincker* My work is complete.

7/07/2005 12:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the sappy Hallmark comments and Fame and Mary Poppins songs being belted out over there, need you really look around feverishly? I mean, we all know. We know.

And outside of the above, what ridicule do you speak of? We were totally (shot out to you Bug) on the same side reagarding the status of coffee as a beverage from the Gods. WTF? If you want ridicule my brother, it will be broughten!

Hugs n kisses,
Marci

7/07/2005 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You must realize of course Marci, I speak in jest. That as what the wink was for. (you know...wink wink, nudge nudge.) I was referring to the fact that you hate my stupidity too. (That one had me belly laughing.) You don't give people you don't like a hard time, you just ignore 'em. ;) Or is it that your just pissed about the B/M thing. (*laugh* that just doesn't get old.)

---

HEY! Mary Poppins is awesome! I don't want to BE Mary Poppins, I just happen to want a woman to float down to my door and clean up all my crap.

Okay, now, apparently you don't remember that the "Rocket" played a gay kid in "Fame" and therefor didn't get the joke. Sometimes I do get too obscure in my humor. That, or you did get it and wanted to bust my chops, which is fine. As far as me being gay, nope.

Speaking of "Fame," my internal monologue always springs into a "I Sing, the Body Electric" when I hear the movie "Fame" rather than the typical theme song sung by Donna Summer.

Anyhoo.....I need to go to work.

7/07/2005 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that acerbit wit, lost. LOST! Oh the horrah! Of course you may be thinking the same. At times: witty remark + acerbic response = huh?

But nonetheless, I am not soo pretty that one should assume that I don't know what *wink* means. C'mon. We're not talking Jessica Simpson here. And Fame? Oh how I loved Fame. Coco, Leroy, Lydia, Delores and of course Montgomery (aka "gay kid").

Here's a fun game kids! Let's all keep count of how many times MG uses the word "gay" from now on! Ready? Start!

**oh and I totally forgot that I hate your stupidity, so I guess all this was slightly warrented.

-Marci

7/07/2005 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn the typos all to hell!

7/07/2005 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ghey! *smirk*

Got's ta' use da' l33t $p34k ftw. Oh man do I hate "l33t" speak. (And here I am using it.)

Using the word gay is just about my most favorite pastime, it's right up thre with "tarded." *sniff* I'll try to refrain from using the word GAY!

-MG McTarded

7/07/2005 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know what you're absofrigginlutely right. I was thinking Irene Cara and the words Donna Summer flowed from my fingers. That's especially embarassing since she's been in the news recently.

DOH!

7/07/2005 07:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home